Initially I chose a portrait A3 Design,
seen here with Black and White Photocopy
On further reflection it was decided that I should
return to an earlier idea of splitting the A1 size down the middle to create a landscape.
To incorporate the runway and length of a day.
This design would incorporate three layers
Background – A piece of created cloth, using an embellisher, made up of a variety of fabrics which would reflect the changing sky from dawn until dusk.
This piece would them be over printed and embroidered into to recreated an abstracted view of movement though out the airport.
There would be images of planes and landside vehicles moving throughout the day.
The lower half of the background would show a water effect piece of created fabric which would also be worked into with over printing and embroidery to show the original rivers which were moved during the T5 development.
Layers 1 & 2
This layer would use an opache fabric, organza for example, to recreate the haze seen at the airport. Coloured to match the area of sky, ti would be over printed and embroidered into with images of aircraft movement. This layer would also have distressed areas allowing the background to show though.
Attached to the lower edge would be the first layer of the river treatment.
Fabics printed and embroidered as per earlier samples would be decontructed and rearranged to create a sense of manmade movement and construction.
This layer would take the deconstruction of layer 1 further, leaving a linear grid similar to the perimetre fence that surrounds the airport. This grid would hold images of the aircraft and cloud movement.
The lower edges would also have pieces of river which are being ‘moved’ somewhat unnaturely, showing that man can move both nature and metal to achieve their goal.
Black and White Image of the Design
Sample for the Background
Coloured Pencil Sample
Although the paper sample has the papers running vertically, I wanted to see if more movement could be achieved by having the coloured strips of fabric on a diagonal, to save paper I coloured a piece of butter musiln which had been ironed onto interfacing to give support.
This is A4 scale
Using my embellisher I tried to recreate the pencil design
I added an embelished ‘river’ so I could judge the size of the piece.
(This may or maynot be how the river background looks as I was concentrating on the Sky)
Ideas Gathered from Earlier Chapters
New Samples Created
(currently in process of being made)